North America / English Change
Flint & Walling announces the introduction of their self-manufactured 4” motor line into the water well industry; designed, machined, and assembled at their facilities in Kendallville, Indiana. According to Scott M. Lechner, President of F&W, “Planning and development began with the initial design in 2005, after fundamental ‘industry changing’ announcements drove us to consider our motor and control options. In 2007, we expanded our Kendallville manufacturing facilities to support future submersible motor manufacturing efforts. With comprehensive and highly successful field testing throughout North America over the past eight years, we are confident F&W will add value to the industry through our quality control processes”. According to Production & Engineering Manager Eric Rimmel, “Manufacturing motors was nothing new for the F&W Kendallville facilities, as we have been producing our own centrifugal motors since the early 1950’s. In fact, we are the only pump company in North America that actually winds and makes our own jet and centrifugal pump motors. Four inch motors and controllers were a logical expansion for F&W to take”. Flint & Walling, Inc., established in 1866, is Kendallville’s oldest manufacturer. Flint & Walling is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zoeller Company, headquartered in Louisville, KY. The company currently manufactures a full line of water pumps and electrical controls under the brands of Flint & Walling, Wolf Pump, Zoeller Pump, Zoeller Engineered Products, Clarus, and Tulsar. Click for information on product identification.